The Pune to Goa distance is a popular journey undertaken by both tourists and locals alike. Both cities have distinct vibes, with Pune being a bustling urban center steeped in culture, while Goa is a relaxed beach paradise.
The transition between the two offers a multitude of experiences. In this guide, we’ll explore the different ways to cover the Pune to Goa distance and the attractions you can explore along the way.
Pune to Goa Distance
The direct distance between Pune and Goa is approximately 450 kilometers, but this varies based on the route chosen.
How To Reach Goa from Pune?
Traveling from Pune to Goa can be done via road, train, or air. The distance between Pune and Goa varies depending on the chosen route. On average, it’s about 430 to 460 kilometers (267 to 286 miles).
Pune to Goa by Road (Route Map)
Several routes connect Pune to Goa. Let’s explore the primary ones:
Route 1: via NH48
- Distance: Approximately 440 km
- This is a popular route, primarily via NH48.
- Start from Pune, pass through Satara, Kolhapur, and continue on NH66 from Nipani.
- Further, move through Amboli Ghat and Sawantwadi before reaching Goa.
Route 2: via Amboli Ghat
- Distance: Approximately 450 km
- From Pune, head towards Kolhapur via NH48.
- From there, take the state highway towards Amboli Ghat, which is a scenic route, especially during the monsoons.
- Proceed through Sawantwadi before entering Goa.
Pune to Goa by Train
The Konkan Railway provides direct trains from Pune to Goa. Services like the Goa Express and the Poorna Express make the journey a scenic delight, taking roughly 8-12 hours.
Major stops include Ratnagiri and Sawantwadi, and the route offers beautiful views of the Sahyadri mountain range.
Pune to Goa Train Ticket Price
Train ticket prices from Pune to Goa can vary significantly based on the type of train, class of seat, and the time of booking. Below are the approximate ranges for different classes:
- AC First Class (1A): Ticket prices for AC First Class can range from around INR 2,500 to INR 4,500.
- AC 2 Tier (2A): The ticket prices for the AC 2 Tier class typically range from approximately INR 1,500 to INR 2,500.
- AC 3 Tier (3A): The ticket prices for the AC 3 Tier class generally range from around INR 1,000 to INR 1,800.
- Sleeper Class (SL): The ticket prices for Sleeper Class usually range from approximately INR 400 to INR 700.
Please note that these are approximate fare ranges and actual fares can vary. Prices can also change based on the season, demand, discounts, and promotions offered by the Indian Railways at the time of booking.
Pune to Goa by Flight
While there are direct flights between Pune’s Lohegaon Airport and Goa’s Dabolim Airport, they’re quick but may not always be economical. The flight duration is typically around 1 hour.
Places to Visit on the way from Pune to Goa
- Kolhapur: Home to the famous Mahalaxmi Temple and known for its distinctive cuisine, especially the spicy Kolhapuri chappals.
- Amboli Ghat: A high mountain pass in the Sahyadri Hills with waterfalls and panoramic views, especially during monsoons.
- Belgavi (Belgaum): A historic city with attractions like the Belgaum Fort and Kapileshwara Temple.
Here are the frequently asked questions about the Pune to Goa trip.
What’s the best time to travel from Pune to Goa?
Ideal months are between October and March, with the weather being favorable for travel and exploration.
Are there bus services between Pune and Goa?
Yes, various operators provide bus services between the two destinations, offering sleeper and semi-sleeper options.
How long should one stay in Goa?
For a comprehensive experience, plan for at least a 3 to 5-day trip.
How to reach Goa from Pune?
- By Road: You can drive via NH48, which passes through Satara and Kolhapur, and then use NH66 from Nipani, passing through Amboli Ghat and Sawantwadi.
- By Train: Several trains, like the Goa Express and Konkan Kanya Express, connect Pune to Goa.
- By Air: Direct flights from Pune to Goa’s Dabolim Airport are available, taking about an hour.
How to reach South Goa from Pune?
Once you reach Goa, continue southwards on NH66 to access South Goa. If using public transport, many buses and taxis are available from Panjim or Madgaon to South Goa destinations.
How much toll from Pune to Goa?
The exact toll amount can vary based on the specific route and changes over time. As of my last update, expect to pay around INR 400-600 in tolls for a one-way trip.
How to plan a Goa trip from Pune?
- Decide the duration of your stay.
- Choose between North and South Goa or both, based on your preferences.
- Book accommodations in advance, especially during peak season.
- Plan your route (consider stops if driving).
- Make a list of beaches, attractions, and activities.
- Keep some days free for relaxation and unplanned exploration.
Which route is best for Pune to Goa?
The route via NH48 and NH66 through Satara, Kolhapur, Nipani, and Amboli Ghat is commonly preferred due to its better road conditions and scenic views, especially during monsoon.
What is the distance between Pune to Goa?
The distance is approximately 430 to 460 kilometers (267 to 286 miles), depending on the specific route taken.
How much liquor can I carry from Goa to Pune?
The allowed limit varies by state regulations. As of my last update, you can carry up to 2 liters of liquor (IMFL) as a private individual without a permit when moving between states. However, always check the latest state-specific rules before purchasing and transporting.
We hope this Pune to Goa distance guide serves as a handy tool for your travels. Remember, every journey offers unique experiences, so enjoy the ride as much as the destination! Safe travels from the Trekezy team!