Here’s a comprehensive guide on covering the Bangalore to Goa distance. Situated on the western coast of India, Goa is a beloved beach destination known for its sandy shores, vibrant nightlife, and rich history.
If you’re planning a trip from Bangalore to Goa, this comprehensive guide will provide you with all the details you need regarding the distance, travel modes, routes, and more.
Bangalore to Goa Distance
The approximate distance between Bangalore and Goa is around 560 kilometers (348 miles), depending on the specific route taken.
How to Reach Goa from Bangalore?
Several transportation options can be used to traverse the distance from Bangalore to Goa. Here are the primary ways:
- Bangalore to Goa by Road
- Bangalore to Goa by Train
- Bangalore to Goa by Flight
Bangalore to Goa by Road
For those who prefer road journeys, driving from Bangalore to Goa can be an exciting experience. Here are the popular road routes:
Route 1: via NH 48
- Bangalore to Tumkur: Starting from Bangalore, you’d take the NH 48, passing through Nelamangala to reach Tumkur.
- Tumkur to Hubli: Continuing on NH 48, you’d cross towns like Sira, Hiriyur, and
- Davanagere before reaching Hubli.
- Hubli to Goa: From Hubli, take the NH 748, passing through Yellapur and Ankola to finally reach Goa.
Route 2: via NH 66
- Bangalore to Mangalore: Start from Bangalore and head towards Mangalore via NH 75.
- Mangalore to Goa: From Mangalore, take the NH 66, passing through towns like Udupi, Bhatkal, and Karwar to arrive in Goa.
Bangalore to Goa by Train
The rail network offers various options to reach Goa from Bangalore. Here are some popular train services:
Yesvantpur – Vasco Da Gama Express (Train Number: 17309)
- Departure: Yesvantpur Junction (YPR)
- Arrival: Vasco Da Gama (VSG)
- Frequency: Daily
- Travel Time: Approximately 14 hours
Note: There are other train services as well, and schedules might vary. It’s advisable to check the latest train timings and availability on official railway platforms or apps.
Bangalore to Goa by Train Ticket Price
Here are approximate fare ranges for different classes on the Yesvantpur – Vasco Da Gama Express (Train Number: 17309):
- AC First Class (1A): The ticket prices for AC First Class can range from around INR 2,500 to INR 4,500.
- AC 2 Tier (2A): The ticket prices for the AC 2 Tier class typically range from approximately INR 1,500 to INR 2,500.
- AC 3 Tier (3A): The ticket prices for the AC 3 Tier class generally range from around INR 1,000 to INR 1,800.
- Sleeper Class (SL): The ticket prices for Sleeper Class usually range from approximately INR 400 to INR 700.
Bangalore to Goa Flight
Flying from Bangalore to Goa is another swift option. Kempegowda International Airport (BLR) in Bangalore offers several daily flights to Goa’s Dabolim Airport (GOI). Major airlines like Air India, IndiGo, SpiceJet, and GoAir operate on this route. The flight duration is typically about 1 to 1.5 hours.
Places to Visit on the Bangalore to Goa Route
If you’re driving, you can enjoy various scenic spots and landmarks on the way:
- Jog Falls: Located near Shimoga, it’s one of the highest plunge waterfalls in India.
- Yana Caves: These are two massive rock outcrops known for their unique limestone rock formations.
- Gokarna: A serene beach town known for its pristine beaches and the Mahabaleshwar Temple.
- Murudeshwar: Famous for its massive Shiva statue and beach offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea.
Remember to check for real-time road conditions, and ensure your vehicle is in good shape for the journey. Safe travels!
FAQ About Bangalore To Goa Trip
Here are the frequently asked questions about Bangalore to Goa Distance and itinerary.
What’s the best time to travel from Bangalore to Goa?
While Goa is a year-round destination, the period between October and March is considered ideal due to pleasant weather.
Are there bus services available?
Yes, several private operators and KSRTC run buses between Bangalore and Goa. Sleeper, semi-sleeper, and luxury buses are available.
How many days are ideal for a Goa trip from Bangalore?
A 3 to 5-day trip is ideal to explore Goa’s beaches, culture, and cuisine.
Is self-drive a good option?
Absolutely! The roads are generally in good condition, and the drive offers scenic beauty, especially if you’re taking the NH 48 route through the Western Ghats.
Travel safe and make sure to enjoy the journey as much as the destination!
How many kilometers from Bangalore to Goa?
The distance between Bangalore and Goa is approximately 560 to 600 kilometers, depending on the route taken.
How to reach Goa by train from Bangalore?
You can reach Goa from Bangalore by boarding the Yesvantpur – Vasco Da Gama Express (Train Number: 17309) or other connecting trains. The main station in Goa for this train is Vasco Da Gama.
Bangalore to Goa flight ticket how much?
Flight ticket prices from Bangalore to Goa vary based on airlines, time of booking, and season. On average, it can range from INR 2,000 to INR 6,000 or more.
How many tolls from Bangalore to Goa?
There are approximately 5-6 toll booths on the route from Bangalore to Goa, depending on the specific route taken.
How is the road from Bangalore to Goa?
The road from Bangalore to Goa, primarily through NH 66, is well-maintained with parts of the journey offering scenic views. However, certain sections might be narrow or winding, especially as you approach the Western Ghats.
How many hours from Bangalore to Goa?
The drive from Bangalore to Goa typically takes around 10 to 12 hours, depending on the route, driving speed, and breaks taken.
How much liquor can I carry from Goa to Bangalore by flight?
As per regulations, you can carry up to 5 liters of liquor in your check-in luggage, provided it’s sealed and in appropriate packaging. However, it’s crucial to check specific airline regulations and local laws concerning the possession of alcohol.
Which route is best from Bangalore to Goa?
The most popular route is via NH 48, passing through Chitradurga, Hubli, and then heading towards Goa. Another scenic option is via Shimoga and Jog Falls, though this might be a tad longer. The best route often depends on one’s preference for scenery, road conditions, and travel time