Disneyland Park is a world-famous theme park that offers visitors a range of unforgettable experiences. Here we have shared the best things to do in Disneyland Park.
What is Disneyland Park?
Disneyland Park is a popular tourist destination, attracting millions of visitors every year. It is owned and operated by The Walt Disney Company and is part of the larger Disneyland Resort, which also includes Disney California Adventure Park, three hotels, and a shopping, dining, and entertainment district known as Downtown Disney.
It is one of the best places to visit in California and there are plenty of things to do in Disneyland Park including riding classic attractions like the Matterhorn Bobsleds, Pirates of the Caribbean, and It’s a Small World.
Disneyland Park is a theme park located in Anaheim, California, USA. It was opened on July 17, 1955, and is the first Disney theme park ever built.
- Disneyland is divided into eight themed “lands,” including Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Frontierland, Critter Country, New Orleans Square, Mickey’s Toontown, and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- The park is known for its classic attractions such as “It’s a Small World,” “Pirates of the Caribbean,” and “Haunted Mansion,” as well as newer attractions such as “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance” and “Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!”
Disneyland Park is a popular tourist destination, attracting millions of visitors each year from all around the world.
Things To Do in Disneyland Park
There are many things to do in Disneyland Park, located in Anaheim, California. Here are some popular activities:
- Ride the attractions
- Meet your favorite characters
- Watch the parades and shows
- Explore the lands
- Shop and eat
- Get a FastPass
- Visit Star Wars
- Experience the classic attractions
- Take a guided tour
- Stay for the nighttime entertainment
Ride the attractions: Disneyland Park has over 60 rides and attractions, including classics like Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and It’s a Small World.
Meet your favorite characters: Disneyland has numerous character meet-and-greet opportunities. You can meet Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and many more!
Watch the parades and shows: Disneyland Park has several parades and shows throughout the day. The most popular one is the “Disneyland Forever” fireworks show.
Explore the lands: Disneyland is divided into different “lands,” including Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Adventureland. Each land has its own unique theme and attractions.
Shop and eat: Disneyland has many restaurants and shops. Try the famous churros or grab a Mickey Mouse-shaped pretzel while browsing the stores for souvenirs.
Get a FastPass: Some of the most popular attractions have long wait times, but you can skip the line by using a FastPass. Simply insert your park ticket into a FastPass machine and receive a designated return time to bypass the standby line.
Visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge: This immersive land transports you to a galaxy far, far away with rides like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Rise of the Resistance.
Experience the classic attractions: Disneyland Park has several classic attractions that have been around since the park’s opening in 1955, including the Disneyland Railroad, Mark Twain Riverboat, and Jungle Cruise.
Take a guided tour: Disneyland offers several guided tours, including the “Walk in Walt’s Footsteps” tour, which takes you through the history of the park and Walt Disney’s life.
Stay for the nighttime entertainment: Disneyland comes alive at night with spectacular light shows and fireworks displays. Don’t miss the “Fantasmic!” show or the “World of Color” water show at Disney California Adventure Park.
Best Rides in Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park is known for its classic and thrilling rides that offer something for everyone. Here are some of the best rides in Disneyland that you won’t want to miss:
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- Space Mountain
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- It’s a Small World
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean: This iconic ride takes you on a swashbuckling adventure through pirate-infested waters, complete with animatronic pirates and a catchy theme song.
- Haunted Mansion: This spooky ride takes you through a haunted mansion filled with ghosts, ghouls, and spooky surprises.
- Space Mountain: This indoor roller coaster takes you on a thrilling journey through outer space, with twists, turns, and drops in the dark.
- Indiana Jones Adventure: This exciting ride takes you on an expedition through a temple filled with traps, puzzles, and dangerous creatures.
- Splash Mountain: This log flume ride takes you on a musical journey through the world of “Song of the South” before plunging you down a thrilling 50-foot drop.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: This roller coaster takes you on a runaway train through a haunted mine, with twists, turns, and drops galore.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds: This classic ride takes you on a bobsled journey through the icy peaks of the Matterhorn, with thrilling drops and turns.
- It’s a Small World: This beloved ride takes you on a musical journey through different countries and cultures, with charming animatronic dolls.
- Peter Pan’s Flight: This whimsical ride takes you on a flying ship journey over the rooftops of London and through the world of Neverland.
These are just some of the best rides in Disneyland Park, but there are countless other classic and thrilling rides that you won’t want to miss.
Tourist Attractions in Disneyland
Disneyland Park is filled with iconic spots and landmarks that have become synonymous with the park itself. Here are some of the most famous spots in Disneyland Park:
- Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Main Street, U.S.A.
- New Orleans Square
- “it’s a small world”
- Mickey’s Toontown
- The Mark Twain Riverboat
- Sleeping Beauty Castle: The centerpiece of Disneyland Park, this castle is the symbol of the park and is the gateway to Fantasyland.
- Main Street, U.S.A.: This area is the first thing you see when you enter Disneyland Park and is designed to transport you back in time to small-town America in the early 1900s.
- Adventureland: This land features attractions like the Indiana Jones Adventure and the Jungle Cruise, as well as the iconic Enchanted Tiki Room.
- Frontierland: This land takes you back to the Wild West with attractions like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Frontierland Shootin’ Exposition.
- New Orleans Square: This area is inspired by the historic French Quarter and features attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion.
- Tomorrowland: This futuristic land features attractions like Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.
- “it’s a small world”: This iconic attraction takes you on a musical journey through different countries and cultures.
- Mickey’s Toontown: This land is designed for kids and features interactive play areas and meet-and-greets with classic Disney characters.
- The Mark Twain Riverboat: This classic attraction takes you on a relaxing journey around the Rivers of America.
These are just some of the most famous spots in Disneyland, but there are countless other iconic landmarks, rides, and experiences that make the park so beloved.
Read More Similar Posts
- 89 Places to Visit in California
- Hiking in Yosemite
- Camping in Yosemite
- Weather in California
- 12 Things To Do in Yosemite
- 16 Things To Do in Joshua National Park
- Best Time To Visit Yosemite
- 21 Facts About Yosemite
Here are the most frequently asked questions about Disneyland.
Where is Disneyland Park?
Disneyland Park is located in Anaheim, California, USA. The address of the park is 1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802.
How to make Disneyland park reservations?
To make Disneyland Park reservations, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official Disneyland Resort website and click on “Theme Parks” from the menu.
- Select “Park Tickets” and choose the number of days you want to visit the parks.
- Check the availability calendar for your desired visit dates and select your preferred park reservation.
- Sign in to your Disney account or create a new one if you don’t have one already.
- Enter the required information, including the number of people in your party, and purchase your park tickets.
- After purchasing your tickets, you can then make your park reservations using the Disneyland Park Reservation System. Follow the prompts to select the date, park, and time of your visit.
- Once you have made your park reservation, you will receive a confirmation email.
It is important to note that Disneyland Park reservations are subject to availability and may require advanced planning. Guests are encouraged to check the availability calendar regularly and make reservations as soon as possible to secure their desired dates.
Which Disneyland has star wars?
Star Wars is located in Disneyland Park in the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge-themed land. Disneyland Park is one of two theme parks at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, USA. The other park is Disney California, Adventure Park.
What is a Disneyland Park hopper ticket?
Disneyland Park Hopper tickets allow visitors to access both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park on the same day. This means that you can enter one park in the morning, and then hop over to the other park in the afternoon or evening, without having to purchase a separate ticket.
With a Park Hopper ticket, you can enjoy all of the attractions, shows, and dining options that both parks have to offer. This is a great option for visitors who want to make the most of their time at Disneyland and experience all of the magic that both parks have to offer.
It’s important to note that Park Hopper tickets usually cost more than regular single-park tickets, so be sure to check the prices and decide if it’s worth it for your visit. Additionally, during peak seasons, the parks may reach capacity and prevent Park Hopper ticket holders from entering, so it’s important to plan accordingly.
Where to park at Disneyland?
Guests visiting Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California can park at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure, Pixar Pals Parking Structure, their Disneyland Resort hotel (for an additional fee), or the Simba Parking Lot for Downtown Disney. All parking options have a fee, and prices vary.
How much does it cost to park at Disneyland?
As of my knowledge cutoff of September 2021, the cost to park at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, USA, varies depending on the parking option chosen and the duration of the visit. Here are the standard parking rates:
- Standard parking at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure and Pixar Pals Parking Structure costs $25 per day.
- Preferred parking, which offers closer parking spaces to the park entrances, costs $40 per day.
- Guests staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel can park at their hotel for $25 per night.
- Parking at the Simba Parking Lot for Downtown Disney costs $10 per hour or $30 per day.
It is important to note that prices are subject to change and may be higher during peak periods. Guests are encouraged to check the Disneyland Resort website for the most up-to-date parking information.
Which Disneyland park is the best?
Both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, USA offer unique and exciting experiences for guests of all ages, and which park is the “best” largely depends on personal preferences. Here is a brief overview of each park:
Disneyland Park: This is the original Disney theme park that opened in 1955. It features classic attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, and the Haunted Mansion, as well as newer additions like Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The park is divided into themed lands, including Main Street, U.S.A., Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, New Orleans Square, and Critter Country.
Disney California Adventure Park: This park opened in 2001 and is themed around the history and culture of California. It features attractions like the Incredicoaster, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!, and the World of Color nighttime spectacular. The park is divided into themed areas, including Buena Vista Street, Hollywood Land, Grizzly Peak, Cars Land, Pixar Pier, Paradise Gardens Park, and Avengers Campus.
Both parks have their own unique atmosphere and attractions, so it is recommended to visit both if possible. Ultimately, the “best” Disneyland park will depend on your personal interests and preferences.
How many acres is Disneyland?
Disneyland covers an area of approximately 85 acres (34 hectares) at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, USA.
The park is divided into themed lands, including Main Street, U.S.A., Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, New Orleans Square, and Critter Country.
Despite its relatively small size compared to other theme parks, Disneyland offers a wide variety of attractions and experiences for guests of all ages, making it a beloved destination for millions of visitors every year.